December 26, 2012

Vacation Time

Its been only 2 days since I have joined HP and I am off on a 11 day vacation (can sense a lot of people fuming over this). A much needed break though. I always wanted a break after I left my previous company before I joined HP. But due to some induction issues, I had to join at the earliest which meant that there was no time for respite I had only a weekend to prepare myself mentally to get into the new role.

It was only after I finished my induction that I got to know that it was the company's shut down period and I would be off for 11 days returning only on the New Year. Sounds so cool doesn't it??? Before you reach to any conclusion, let me tell you.....its not that great. It has its own set of terms and conditions. This is not a holiday but a company policy to take mandatory leaves which will eventually be deducted from my entitled annual leave. So when I get back to work in 2013, I will start of with a negative balance of leaves to my credit....which is surely not a great start. (I'm sure a lot of you will now be clapping with a big smile on your face....How sadistic)

11 days is a long time and I would have surely loved to plan something....may be a lazy holiday in some cozy resort in the jungle or a adventurous trek at the western ghats or a refreshing holiday at the coastal region but none of them fit to the size of my pocket as of now. I am in a Financial Crisis* of some sort and cannot fund any of those vacations......sob sob.......Instead, I am staying indoors for the past 4 days cleaning the house, washing utensils, helping my dad in cooking and all such boring uninteresting things (I hate it when my mom is not there at home)

Now since my Mom is back from her small trip and I still have a week's time till I get back to work, I wish some one funds any one of those above mentioned vacations and are willing to consider it as a bad debt :-P.... Can I see someone nodding your head ???? If yes...U are my best friend....I'll give you my account number...!!! Make it fast... I have a lot of planning to do...!!!

Signing off

-Sethu-

*Something similar to a global recession, as my previous company decided not to pay any salary in my notice period (ridiculous company policy) and my new company told me that I have joined them a little too late to pay me the current month's salary.....I will receive everything only on next month...Come on guys...don't you know Time value of money??? Money today is more precious that the same received tomorrow...so forget the rules and pay me :-)

5 comments:

  1. I am not ur best friend ;) lol... Congrats on new company and enjoy your lazy vacation thats the best

    nice post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramya - thanks a ton..!! lol.... I wish u were my best frnd :P

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting post

    happy newyear

    thanks

    ReplyDelete