December 26, 2012

19th December

As I walked through the gate of the Grand Mc Grath hotel, I was getting this wierd feeling of walking into an unknown territory. There were a lot of things that occupied my mind...!! How will it turn out to be??? How would the people react?? Will I be fortunate enough to meet any familiar faces....and a millions of other doubts...felt like my brain was in top gear at full speed.....

After a Four and Half year stint (Now close your mouth - I know its a little too long going by the industry standards) my Journey with Northern Trust came to an end as I finally decided to come out of my comfort zone - much to the relief of my parents and some relatives who somehow thought I was not good enough to get myself a new job

I was walking to my induction at HP (No its not Hush Puppies or Hindustan Petroleum - It is Hewlett Packard for people who don't know) as I was about to begin my journey as a Financial Analyst here - Little scared but excited.

Induction was not that dramatic - Lot of speeches from various departments, Introduction to company's work culture, history and a lot of other such uninterested things that made me feel I was sitting through a class in college which was a mixture of Organizational behavior, taxation and business ethics with some flavors of business communication at intervals....So I was more or less sleeping through the whole session (especially after the wonderful lunch that they served)

I will be going to my work location next week....To a place where people don't know me. I have to build a new reputation all over again...right from my teammates to my managers which is a tough task at hand but I guess with all the experience I have gained in my previous job, I should be able to create a better impression here :-)

Wish me luck as I embark upon a New Journey

Sethu :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment