September 9, 2019

"Keep the note short"....he always said!

As I was sitting at leisure on a Sunday afternoon, I was blog hopping reading most of the blogs that I follow. Must tell you...It is a favorite pass time of mine...One you get to see how differently people pen their thoughts and try to take a piece of their mind to inculcate in the way that you think and the other obviously is how brilliantly you can kill time.

So while I was going through a few of the posts, I was amazed to see that my attention span towards a post was hardly about 2 to 3 mins and if I found a post that was longer than that, my mind would wander off. Now that is how it is for me. Different people have different levels of attention span and when I re-read a few of my posts, I was appalled to see how long they were and making me wonder if I will really be able to grab the attention of the reader for so long. 

As my mentor always used to say....If you cannot convey what you want to communicate to a person within 2 mins, most of the times you would have lost that person's attention span. Be it an email, a letter or a simple verbal conversation. Both personally and professionally.

So next time, if you happen to read some of my posts and you think that I have lost you. Please comment and let me know :P

No comments:

Post a Comment