May 5, 2011

Music...!!!

In Ancient India, there was a belief..If you are born as a Brahmin, you will either be a pandit or you will take to Music..!! Not too sure why this belief set in but on some serious thought I really think this is true.

Born in a Middle Class Smartha Brahmin family, where most of them were music lovers, It did not take me long to take liking to this art form. My Ajji was a fantastic artiste..she used give performances in radio in and teach music to lot of people she was very good at what she did. And my Mother, God!!! she is truly blessed with a very very sweet voice which has won her a lot of competitions at her work and other places. Infact she is very well know for her singing skills amongst our family circle

And I consider myself really lucky to have inherited this quality of both my mom and ajji...Initially I was not very much aware that I sing well....It was only when my mom go me admitted to a music class when I was 8 yrs old, I realized the rare skill I had...Unfortunately could not continue with my music classes for long because of some obstacles...But that stint in the music class was enough to boost my confidence. I started winning a lot of competitions in school and college. Came out victorious in many of the Inter Collegiate events.

I enjoyed singing so much that I wanted to take it as a profession. Wanted to be a playback singer and i used to dream of being one...Unfortunately, because of some complications, I could not pursue my dream..... That din mean I left singing...I still do sing when I'm happy, sad, at leisure and it still gives me immense pleasure every-time I do that.

As it is famously said..." you gotta be really lucky to be able to pursue your dream"

Hopefully my luck gives way and my dream comes true before my voice wears out...!!

Sethu

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sethu,
    Nice writing but trust me as a singer I can tell you not to leave this art form coz it gives you that thirst of learning more. Dnt wait for time to come near you. Just go and grab your deram now. Be a playback singer soon :)

    ReplyDelete